The Hook & The Environment
Here at the Hook, we are very conscious about the environment and want to play our part in the conservation and protection of it.
- We will only buy fish caught from well managed fishing grounds.
- Our aim is to use recyclable packaging wherever possible.
- We are committed to recycling.
- We include new varieties in our menu such as hake and Pollock to relieve pressure on the more popular varieties such as cod and haddock.
- We take our impact on the environment very seriously and strive to reduce our carbon usage by ensuring that all waste oil is collected, recycled and converted into biodiesel. This way we help set off not only our own carbon output but that of our customers by helping offset their carbon imprint.
- We use high efficiency fryers, meaning they are much more energy efficient than conventional fryers.
- We have replaced the majority of lights in the shop with LED lights making us much more energy efficient.
- We also source our products locally when possible, not only to support local business but also to reduce our carbon foot print.